Experienced Senior Site Fitter
Artichoke is based in Cheddar, Somerset, and our mission is to design and craft exceptional interiors which enhance our client’s lives and their experience of living in traditional houses.
With every project we seek to create Britain’s future heritage. This means our principle aim is to design and make rooms which far outlive the clients for whom they were originally commissioned (both aesthetically and structurally). We apply this approach to everything we do including design (furniture design, interior design, interior architectural design), materials specification, cabinet making and, most importantly, installation.
A significant percentage of our projects are in period country estate. The Artichoke team has developed a wealth of focused knowledge and experience in this sector and is able to offer clients a high level of expertise from design concept through to completion.
To create Britain’s future heritage requires a motivated team with a singular desire to work at the highest level. We are now expanding our installations team to provide better service to our clients.
The site fitter will join our busy team working on site in country houses, central London and occasionally overseas.
- Able to manage of all company project installations, including pre and post installation requirement, ensuring that fits are finished on time and to the highest standard.
- Has excellent communication skills, keeping the operations team and clients up to date at all times
- Communicating with clients, confirming schedules and logistics, including appliance deliveries
- Able to carry out detailed site surveys and work alongside the building team to ensure the site is ready to fit
- Managing the snagging process including communicating back to the workshop
- Supervising the work of all parties involved in the installation, coordinating the installers and /or subcontractors involved and organising accommodation for working away as required
- Regularly report progress on each project, communicating delays and/or concerns with the operations team and our clients.
- Attendance at operations meetings, to be fully briefed and discuss technicalities of projects with the team
- Skilled installation work, technically competent, particularly carpentry and joinery
We are looking for an additional Furniture Finisher who is obsessed with detail, unrelenting in pursuit of quality and love what they do. We are looking for a Finisher who will relish the opportunity to work on fine fitted furniture that will become part of some of Britain’s most interesting traditional architecture.
Candidates must be skilled in all areas of furniture preparation and finishing with excellent technical knowledge, understanding and experience in traditional, decorative and specialist finishes. You will also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work on individual pieces, from start to finish, as well as working as part of a team on larger projects. Experience, knowledge and understanding in the application of spray finishes would also be advantageous.
The successful applicant will be someone who meets the requirements outlined above, shares our values and is the right fit for Artichoke and the Production Team. Pay is offered at competitive rates and based on experience.
All applications need to include a CV, photographs or portfolio of recent work and a covering letter explaining why you think you should be considered to work with us.
How to apply
You can apply for these roles by sending a CV or written application to firstname.lastname@example.org