We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Creative Designer to expand the Artichoke design team, initially working alongside our creative director but progressing quickly to lead design on independent projects.
Artichoke designers require ‘outside the box’ thinking when presented with a brief, as well as diligent attention to space planning and selection of material palettes. In short we need excellent ideas and solutions.
Our aim is to achieve exquisitely detailed, understated elegance. It is vital that such detailing is carried out respecting the architecture and material context of the buildings we are designing in.
* A genuine interest and knowledge of classical British architecture and interior styles
* Design ability with flair for style and proportion
* Experience and confidence to plan and detail interior architectural and spaces in a range of materials and finishes
* An understanding of timber types & technology
* An understanding of architectural terms and building techniques
* A working knowledge of joinery construction
* AutoCAD expertise, or a professional level of experience on similar drawing software to ensure fast conversion to AutoCAD
* Sketching and creative presentation skills
* Confident and professional interpersonal communications skills
We are looking for an additional Furniture Finisher who is obsessed with detail, unrelenting in pursuit of quality and love what they do. We are looking for a Finisher who will relish the opportunity to work on fine fitted furniture that will become part of some of Britain’s most interesting traditional architecture.
Candidates must be skilled in all areas of furniture preparation and finishing with excellent technical knowledge, understanding and experience in traditional, decorative and specialist finishes. You will also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work on individual pieces, from start to finish, as well as working as part of a team on larger projects. Experience, knowledge and understanding in the application of spray finishes would also be advantageous.
The successful applicant will be someone who meets the requirements outlined above, shares our values and is the right fit for Artichoke and the Production Team. Pay is offered at competitive rates and based on experience.
All applications need to include a CV, photographs or portfolio of recent work and a covering letter explaining why you think you should be considered to work with us.
How to apply
You can apply for these roles by sending a CV or written application to firstname.lastname@example.org